Ham Hash in Papaya
|Papayas||2 1⁄2 Pound (2 Papaya)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ham||1 Cup (16 tbs), cubed, cooked|
|Potato||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked, cubed|
1. Preheat oven to 375 F
2. Cut the papayas in half and scoop out the seeds in the center
3. In a medium saucepan, tip in the butter and heat till melted.
4. Add the celery and the onion to the pan and sautÃ© over medium heat till the onion is cooked. This will take five minutes
5. Remove the pan from heat and add flour, mustard, and pepper to the pan. Mix well till blended.
6. Add the chicken broth to the pan and return the pan to the heat.
7. Bring this mixture to the boil and ensure that the sauce is well mixed through. The sauce will thicken in 3 minutes.
8. Add the ham and the potato to the pan and mix well again.
9. Stuff the papaya halves with the filling mixture and bake in the hot oven for 10-15 minutes or till the papaya is hot through.
10. Serve hot
Calories 298 Calories from Fat 70
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.3%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g22%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40.3 mg13.4%
Sodium 209.7 mg8.7%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g15.9%
Dietary Fiber 7.5 g29.8%
Sugars 18.9 g
Protein 12 g24.4%
Vitamin A 68.5% Vitamin C 315.8%
Calcium 10.1% Iron 8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet