Salad Of Raw Artichokes Fava Beans And Parmesan Cheese
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemons||4 , freshly squeezed|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baby artichokes||15 Small|
|Fava beans||1 Pound|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Ounce, thinly shaved with a vegetable peeler|
1) In a bowl, mix 2 cups of water and juice of 3 lemons together.
2) In another bowl, combine the juice of 1 lemon and oil together.
3) Discard the outer artichoke leaves and trim off the sharp points.
4) Then soak the artichokes in the bowl with lemon-water mixture.
5) Peel off the outer and inner husks from the fava beans.
6) Add into the lemon-oil mixture and toss well to coat.
7) Remove each artichoke from the lemon-water mixture, slice very thinly and immediately toss with the lemon-oil mixture.
8) Repeat with rest of the artichokes.
9) Season thoroughly with salt and pepper to taste.
10) Top the salad with the Parmesan cheese shavings.
11) Spoon the Salad Of Raw Artichokes Fava Beans and Parmesan Cheese on salad plates and serve.