Asparagus with Parmesan Cheese
|Asparagus||1 Pound (medium-sized ones)|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon zest||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1. Wash and clean asparagus. Using a knife, diagonally slice into them into small pieces, about 2 inches each.
2. In a medium saucepan (only half full), boil water.
3. Add in asparagus slices into the boiling water and immediately reduce to a simmer.
4. Take the pan away from heat after 2 minutes, and drain the water.
5. In a large serving bowl, mix asparagus with the other ingredients. Serve immediately. And don't forget to add the 'love'. ;)
Image Courtesy: designanddishes.blogspot.com
Calories 245 Calories from Fat 175
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.3%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g18.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.2 mg3.4%
Sodium 439 mg18.3%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.6%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 10 g20.9%
Vitamin A 35.5% Vitamin C 26.7%
Calcium 23.8% Iron 28.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet