Cheddar Cheese And Macaroni
|Elbow macaroni||1 Pound, cooked al dante according to package directions|
|Vegetable oil/Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Whole milk/2% milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sharp white cheddar cheese||3 Cup (48 tbs), shredded|
|Nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon, freshly grated or grounded|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
1) Preheat the broiler.
2) Cook the pasta and set aside.
3) In a deep skillet, heat oil and butter over medium heat.
4) Stir in flour and whisk to mix thoroughly with oil and butter.
5) Cook fro 3 minutes until smooth and add milk while whisking continuously.
6) Let the sauce bubbles and allow it to thicken.
7) Add 2 cups of shredded cheese to sauve and mix well.
8) Season with salt, cayenne and nutmeg.
9) Add cooked paste to the sauce and turn over to coat properly in the cheese sauce.
10) Transfer the pasta into baking dish and place under broiler.
11) Cook until top is brown.
12) Serve the cheesy pasta as main dish.