In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make the "Big Brown," a hamburger we enjoyed on our recent visit to Wallace Station Restaurant in Versailles, Kentucky. This hamburger was designated as one of Guy Fieri's top 5 hamburgers on his Food Network TV show, "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives." I hope you like it!
1 (hamburger style sandwich bun)
1⁄4 Pound, ground (85% lean)
Salt and pepper
White cheddar mornay sauce
2 , crisp, cut in half
Deli sliced ham
2 , fold
1. Preheat grill and prepare white cheddar Mornay sauce.
2. In a bowl, take ground beef and season it with salt and pepper, to taste. Divide meat into 4 equal parts and roll them to form patties.
3. Place patties in grill and cook until done to your taste. Remove patties from grill and put them on paper towel to drain.
4. To assemble hamburger, spread Mornay Sauce on the inside of both top and bottom of bun.
5. On the bottom half, place bacon, top it with a patty, thin slices of tomato and deli ham. Cover burger with the top.
6. Serve hamburger with a dill pickle spear and ridged potato chips.