A French take on an American classic featuring French bread buns, Poupon mustard and Gruyere cheese.
1 1⁄2 Pound, ground
Herbes de provence
1 1⁄2 Teaspoon
1 Large, slice
1. In a bowl, mix the ground sirloin with pepper, salt, herbes de provence.
2. Make 4 patties off the meat.
3. Place the meat patties on the grill to cook for about 5-7 minutes each side.
4. Cut the french bread into halves and place on a baking tray.
5. Spread butter on one half of the french bread and Dijon mustard on the other.
6. Place a slice of the gruyere cheese on the mustard side of the bread.
7. Place the baking tray under the broiler until the cheese melts for about 3-4 minutes.
8. Place the patties on the cheesy end of the burger.
9. Add a big tomato slice per burger.
10. Plate and serve along with fries or crisps.