Hamburger Meat Casserole
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced to half moons|
|Bell pepper||1 Large, deseeded and diced|
|Carrots||2 Large, diced|
|Zucchini||4 Small, diced|
|Plain yogurt/Buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hamburger meat||2 Pound|
|Seasoning||3 Tablespoon (Italian Seasoning Or Any Seasoning You Like)|
1. Heat a nonstick skillet on medium high heat.
2. Add olive oil, onion, pepper and carrots. Sauté them for 2 minutes.
3. Add zucchini and continue to sauté until first signs of caramelization starts. It will take from 5-7 minutes.
4. Then add water and let the vegetables soften for 3 more minutes.
5. Season with salt and pepper, add yogurt and take pan off the heat.
6. Take an oven safe dish and cover the bottom with 1lb (454g) meat.
7. Sprinkle half of the seasoning on top.
8. Season with a bit of salt and pepper.
9. Place all the vegetables on top of the meat.
10. Then add the rest of the meat on top of the vegetables.
11. Sprinkle the rest of seasoning, salt and pepper.
12. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil on top.
13. Pop into a hot oven (about 375 degree F) for 45 minutes.
14. Serve straight out of the oven.
Calories 900 Calories from Fat 672
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 75 g115.3%
Saturated Fat 26.6 g132.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 193.7 mg64.6%
Sodium 310.6 mg12.9%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19%
Sugars 10.4 g
Protein 42 g84.8%
Vitamin A 130.2% Vitamin C 116.9%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 5.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet