|Chuck||1 1⁄2 Pound, coarsely ground|
|Red peppers||16 Ounce (2 Peppers, 8 Ounce Each)|
|Zucchini||1 Pound (2 Medium Sized)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Dried tarragon leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried red pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, peeled and cut in thirds|
|Salad oil/Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Using hands, gently shape chuck into six thick patties.
3. Wash pepper, cut into half; remove ribs and seeds; lengthwise cut into 1/4 inch-thick slices; keep aside 7 to 8 slices of red pepper for garnish.
4. Scrub zucchini and cut into 1/4 inch-thick slices.
5. In a medium skillet, heat butter and sautÃ© patties until lightly browned on both sides; keep aside.
6. In a large skillet, heat oil and sautÃ© red pepper, zucchini and onion for 5 minutes until onion is golden.
7. Season with salt, tarragon and crushed red pepper; mix lightly to combine.
8. Cover the skillet and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
9. In the bottom of a shallow, 2-quart baking dish, arrange hamburger and cover it with the vegetable filling.
10. Arrange a layer of tomato wedges and reserved pepper slices on top.
11. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes until vegetables are tender.
12. Serve Hamburger Basquaise hot in individual serving plate.
Calories 362 Calories from Fat 226
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.3%
Saturated Fat 8.6 g42.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 80.4 mg26.8%
Sodium 526.8 mg21.9%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.8%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 20 g40.6%
Vitamin A 59.4% Vitamin C 193.1%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet