Sweet and Sour Hamburger Sandwiches
|Beef||1 Pound, ground|
|Pork||1 1⁄4 Pound, ground|
|Pepper||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Canned pineapple slice||6|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (firmly packed)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Wine vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Green pepper rings||6|
1. Mix beef and pork with salt and pepper. Divide into 6 equal portions.
2. Shape into patties and brown in hot fat. Drain on absorbent paper.
3. Place a pineapple slices atop each patty.
4. Prepare a mixture of soy sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire, ground cloves, and wine vinegar.
5. Top patties with the soy sauce mixture, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
6. Place green pepper tings atop the mixture, cover and simmer for 5 more minutes.
7. Arrange hamburgers between split sandwich rolls with some of the sauce and serve.
Calories 630 Calories from Fat 142
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.2%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 109.2 mg36.4%
Sodium 1029.2 mg42.9%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.9%
Sugars 33.9 g
Protein 44 g88.2%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 28.9%
Calcium 1.5% Iron 15.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet