Open Face Hamburgers
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|Instant minced onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Hamburger buns||3 , halved and toasted|
1. Into a small (1/2 – quart) microwave proof casserole or baking dish, crumble ground beef
2. Place in the microwave and cook, for about 7 minutes, until beef is no longer pink.
3. Stir with a fork, breaking up lumps if any and mix in seasonings, herbs, onion, tomato juice and cheese. Stir thoroughly.
4. Return to microwave and cook, covered, for another 2 to 2 1/2 minutes, until cheese has melted and mixture bubbly.
5. Arrange toasted hamburger halves on a broiler pan.
6. Spoon the beef mixture on top of each bun, dividing it equally.
7. Arrange a slice of tomato on top of the beef mixture.
8. Dot burgers with butter.
9. Place under broiler and broil until tomatoes are lightly browned.
10. Serve immediately while hot and crispy.