Open Face Hamburgers
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|Instant minced onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Hamburger buns||3 , halved and toasted|
1. Into a small (1/2 – quart) microwave proof casserole or baking dish, crumble ground beef
2. Place in the microwave and cook, for about 7 minutes, until beef is no longer pink.
3. Stir with a fork, breaking up lumps if any and mix in seasonings, herbs, onion, tomato juice and cheese. Stir thoroughly.
4. Return to microwave and cook, covered, for another 2 to 2 1/2 minutes, until cheese has melted and mixture bubbly.
5. Arrange toasted hamburger halves on a broiler pan.
6. Spoon the beef mixture on top of each bun, dividing it equally.
7. Arrange a slice of tomato on top of the beef mixture.
8. Dot burgers with butter.
9. Place under broiler and broil until tomatoes are lightly browned.
10. Serve immediately while hot and crispy.
Calories 446 Calories from Fat 292
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.7%
Saturated Fat 15 g75.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 89.5 mg29.8%
Sodium 665.5 mg27.7%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.2%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 21 g42.1%
Vitamin A 11.1% Vitamin C 7.9%
Calcium 23.2% Iron 10.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet