|Minced beef||8 Ounce|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Small, finely grated or minced|
|Fresh white breadcrumbs||1 Ounce (1 Heaped Tablespoon)|
|Mixed egg||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Lard/Dripping||1 Ounce (For Deep Frying)|
1) In a basin, put the salt, mince, pepper and herbs and add the breadcrumbs, onion and just enough egg to bind together the mixture.
2) Use a fork to mix the ingredients. Ensure that the mixture has a soft but not sticky consistency. When pressed lightly into shape, the mixture should cling together.
3) Divide the mixture into 4 equal parts and shape each part into a patty which is about 3 inches wide. Use a knife blade or spatula to lightly flatten.
4) In order to fry the hamburgers, cook from gently over medium heat in hot fat. Allow them to cook for about 6 minutes, turning once. In case grilled hamburgers are preferred, put them under a hot grill about 3 inches away from the heating source. Allow to cook for about 8 to 12 minutes. Turn only once.
5) Serve the hamburgers hot with green peas or baked peas and chipped potatoes. The hamburger can also be served sandwiched in a toasted soft roll, topped with mustard and an onion ring.
Calories 288 Calories from Fat 151
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.8%
Saturated Fat 7 g34.8%
Trans Fat 0.9 g
Cholesterol 71.7 mg23.9%
Sodium 471.4 mg19.6%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.88 g3.5%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 23 g46.9%
Vitamin A 0.3% Vitamin C 3.9%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 15.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet