The Gourmet Hamburger
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Minced yellow onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Saute minced onions in 2 tablespoons of butter till onions are tender.
2. Mix onions with raw beef, 1 teaspoon of salt, pinch of pepper and pinch of thyme.
3. Make patties and pan-fry in equal parts of butter and oil (about 1 1/2 teaspoons each). When patties are medium rare, remove to a hot platter.
4. Deglaze pan with red wine. Scrape up all the pan juices and brownings and reduce the wine by at least half.
5. Remove from fire, add the remaining soft butter, stir briefly and pour over hamburgers.