A tasty, diabetes-friendly dish from Registered Dietitian Heidi McIndoo
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Packed light brown sugar
Low sodium ham steak/Leftover ham
12 Ounce, cubed
1. In an oven, bake or microwave sweet potatoes until tender.
2. Let it cool, peel and cut into bite size chunks.
3. In a large skillet, melt the butter, pour in orange juice and the brown sugar; stir until the sugar dissolves.
4. Low the flame and add in the cubed sweet potato and ham; stir and cook until warm and the flavors blend.
5. Serve this delicious and flavorful Ham and Sweet Potato Skillet with green salad.