What could be better than a few days in magnificent Moab, Utah, Arches and Canyonlands National Parks, and Dead Horse State Park? Exploring Moab and environs then returning to a fragrant, ready to eat crockpot full of delicious ham and beans. Stick with your RV Cooking Show friends and we'll show you how!
Dried navy beans
Smoked ham steak
1 , pre-cooked - bone-in okay - found in the meat case cut into pieces
1 Large, diced (Green And Red Work Great)
1 Small, diced
Extra virgin olive oil
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1) A night before cooking, rinse navy beans and clean them.
2) Take a Crockpot, add beans and cover with water. Cover with lid.
3) Soak overnight.
4) Drain the beans and reserve 1 ½ cups of water.
5) Add ham steak, diced peppers, onion, olive oil, and thyme. Mix well.
6) Cover the Crockpot and cook for about 8-10 hours or until beans are soft.
7) Adjust seasoning.
8) Serve the slow cooked navy beans with ham steak along with some corn bread or French loaf and green jello for dessert.