My inspiration for making this ham and it glaze comes from Hawaii! My husband and I took a wonderful vacation to Hawaii last year. It was one of the best times, the Pineapple tasted like no other pineapple. I believed it was sun kissed! Pork is also a main staple in islands and that’s how I created this recipe. Not only will I teach you how to cook a ham, but you can also try my amazing glaze!
Canned pineapple tidbits
8 Ounce, juices drained to bottom of roasting pan (1 Can)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1) Place all the ingredients in a food processor (or blender) and pulse until it becomes smooth. It’s that easy! Now You will take this mixture and glaze the entire ham.
2) Start by letting the ham stand at room temperature for 1-2 hours before cooking.
3) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4) To get your ham ready, we need to wash it first.
5) Then take the ham, lay it under foil and have it fat side up. Score your ham all over.
6) Next take the Pineapple Brown Sugar glaze and spread it all over the ham. Make sure it gets in the grooves.
7) Cover the entire ham tightly with foil, then place ham in a shallow roasting pan, fat side up. (You may need to add a little water to the bottom of your roasting pan.)
8) Bake until the internal thermometer reads 160 degrees. Depending on the size of your ham you will need to let it cook 20 minutes per pound.
9) Let ham rest for at least 10 minutes before you carve.
10) Serve and enjoy!
If you want to place cloves on your ham, go ahead. Saucy Mouth is not a fan! Just remember to take the cloves out before you serve.