Broccoli and Ham Bake in the Microwave
|Frozen broccoli||20 Ounce, chopped (2 packets)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Cream of mushroom soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Cooked ham||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), shredded, divided|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Cheese flavored croutons||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Into a 2-quart casserole, add in the broccoli and water. Cover the casserole and microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes.
2) Stir the broccoli once in between. The broccoli must become tender.
3) Drain the broccoli and transfer into a 9-inch round baking dish. Add in butter and onion.
4) Microwave again at HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes till the onions soften. Stir in between once.
5) Add in the broccoli, cream of mushroom soup, ham, 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, sour cream, mustard and pepper.
6) Cover the casserole with a wax paper. Microwave for about 9 minutes, stirring two times in between.
7) When the contents have heated through completely, sprinkle croutons and leftover cheese all over the top.
8) Microwave the dish, without a cover this time, for about 2 minutes on HIGH till the cheese melts.
9) Serve the Broccoli and Ham Bake garnished with chopped pieces of cooked ham on top, if desired.