|Orange juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Fully cooked ham half||6 Pound (1 Number)|
1) Take a small bowl and combine together orange juice, sherry, brown sugar, prepared mustard and ground cloves in it.
2) Take a shallow baking pan and place ham in it. Prick with a fork.
3) Pour prepared juice mixture over ham and marinate in the refrigerator for about 2 hours, turning ham occasionally.
4) Preheat oven to 325° F.
5) Take a baking pan and place ham along with marinade in it with fat side up.
6) Insert meat thermometer in the ham without touching fat or bone.
7) Bake, uncovered, for about 1 1/2 - 2 hours or until meat thermometer reaches a temperature of 140° F. Keep basting every half an hour with marinade.
8) Remove ham from pan and keep aside 1 cup marinade.
9) Take a small saucepan and combine water and cornstarch in it. Mix well.
10) Add marinade and bring mixture to a boil.
11) Boil for about 1 minute and then remove from heat.
12) Slice ham and serve with sauce.
Calories 711 Calories from Fat 362
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.7%
Saturated Fat 14.7 g73.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 213.2 mg71.1%
Sodium 236.2 mg9.8%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.16 g0.64%
Sugars 19.6 g
Protein 61 g122.2%
Vitamin A 1.1% Vitamin C 14.3%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 13.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet