Summer Ham Scallop
|Canned ham||1 Pound, cut in 1/4-inch slices|
|Potato chips||28 Ounce (7 Packages Of 4 Ounce Each)|
|Canned whole kernel corn||32 Ounce (2 Cans Of 16 Ounce Each)|
|Canned boiled onions||2 Pound, drained (2 Cans Of 1 Pound Each, Small Ones)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Hard-cooked eggs||2 , shelled and diced|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon (1/2 Stick)|
|All-purpose flour||4 Tablespoon|
|Instant beef broth/Beef flour broth- 1 cube||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Evaporated milk||14 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Tall Can)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Take out four of the largest center slices of ham and split each diagonally half and set aside for garnish.
3) Dice the remaining ham.
4) Reserving 8 large potato chips aside for garnish.
5) Crush roughly the remaining potato chips coarsely.
6) Pour off the liquid from corn into a cup.
7) In a greased 12-cup baking dish, mix corn with onions, ham, crumbled potato chips, celery, diced eggs and parsley.
8) In a medium saucepan, melt butter or margarine.
9) Whisk in the flour, beef broth or bouillon cube, and pepper.
10) Heat, stirring constantly, until bubbly.
11) Mix in enough corn liquid to evaporated milk to make 2 cups.
12) In a saucepan, stir in flour mixture, cook, stirring continuously.
13) Add and crush the bouillon cube, if used, with the back of the spoon, until sauce thickens and boil for 1 minute.
14) Spoon the flour mixture over meat and vegetables, toss lightly with a fork to mix.
15) Place the ham triangles in a circle over the flour mixture, tuck saved potato chips between ham slices, cover.
16) Bake in the oven for 1 hour or until sauce is bubbles.
17) Garnish with sprigs of parsley, if desired.