|Canned ham||1 , chilled|
|Canned asparagus spears||4 , chilled|
|Canned pimento strips||4|
|Loaf||1⁄3 , cut the loaf into wedges (Unsliced Loaf)|
|Lettuce||1 (As Needed)|
|Curly endive||1 (As Needed)|
|Radish roses||4 (As Needed)|
|Red apple||1 (Bright Red Variety)|
|Lettuce salad/Individual vegetable salads||2 Cup (32 tbs) (1 Platter)|
1) Put the chilled ham on large platter.
2) Using a fork notch the cucumber skin and then cut in ¼ inch slices. Cut the slices in half.
3) Place these cubes on the edges of the platter, overlapping on each other. Make two rows.
4) Place a bundle of 3 or 4 asparagus spears tied with pimiento between the cucumber rows.
5) To give a Yuletide touch, cover 2 asparagus spears in 2 thin ham slices and place them on end to resemble a candle at center of each side of ham. Hold it with wooden picks.
6) To make the backdrop, place the wedge of bread on its smallest side with the long slope toward one end of the ham. Cover the bread with lettuce and edive. Tuck it with wooden picks.
7) Then dot with radish roses held by wooden picks. Place a red apple between greenery and ham.
8) Garnish the ham with lettuce or individual vegetable salads and serve.