Holiday Stuffed Ham
|Pecans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), finely chopped|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Candied pineapple||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Orange rind||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Freshly ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Brandy/Cognac||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ham||18 Pound, fully cooked (1 Ham, 15 To 18 Pound)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.
2) In a bowl, mix pecans, bread crumbs, raisins, pineapple, orange rind, honey, cloves, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and about 2/3 cups of brandy.
3) Take the ham and stuff the above mixture into it. Secure the ham tightly.
4) Wrap the ham in foil and place on the roasting pan.
5) Bake the ham for about 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours.
6) Take the ham out of the oven and unwrap it.
7) Sprinkle the meat lightly with sugar to add a glaze.
8) On an oven temperature of 500F bake the ham for 10 more minutes.
9) Place the ham on a heatproof serving tray.
10) Glaze the meat with 1/3 cup of brandy.
11) Let the ham cool down slightly before serving.
12) The Holiday Stuffed Ham can be served hot or at room temperature.