Baked Ham In Savory Pastry
|Apricot jam||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Southern comfort||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||3 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to 325°.
2) Take a saucepot and warm Apricot jam in it. Add brown sugar, dry mustard and Southern Comfort. Melt all the ingredients together.
3) Trim ham over dark outer skin, and score the remaining fat.
4) Brush the prepared liquid sauce over ham and bake on the rack in a roasting pan for 1 hour.
5) Cool for about 1 hour.
6) Preheat oven to 400 °F.
7) Roll out the pastry 1/8-inch thick and drape over ham, tucking around the base.
8) Mix 2 eggs with 1/4 cup of water and brush the mixture over entire pastry.
9) Bake for about 1 hour or until pastry is golden brown.
10) Serve warm and simply enjoy!