Broccoli and Ham Au Gratin
|Broccoli spears||1⁄2 Pound|
|Cooked ham slice||4|
|Cheese||3 Ounce, grated|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
1) Preheat oven to 400°F.
2) In a pot, boil salted water and cook broccoli for 10 minutes.
3) Pour of the water and divide broccoli into 4 equal portions.
4) Wrap a slice of ham around each bundle.
5) Place the broccoli bundle in an ovenproof dish.
6) In a pan, melt the butter and sautÃ© the flour for 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
7) Take the pan off the heat and slowly blend in the milk.
8) Place the pan back and bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
9) Reduce the heat and cook until the mixture is thick.
10) Add the 2 oz. cheese and season to taste.
11) Spoon the sauce over the ham mixture.
12) Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the sauce.
13) Bake in oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly browned on the top and well heated.
14) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Wrap the cooled unbaked broccoli mixture dish with the foil.
15) Seal, label and freeze.
16) Serve hot garnished with chopped parsley if desired.
17) If using the frozen broccoli mixture, thaw at room temperature for 4 hours.
18) Reheat in a preheated moderately hot oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and heated through.
19) Serve as mentioned in step 12.