Ham Slices In Champagne Sauce
|Fully cooked ham slices||8 , cut 3/8 inch thick (John Moreell)|
|Canned mandarin orange sections||22 Ounce, drained (2 cans, 11 ounce each)|
|Orange juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Champagne||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a saucepan, blend the cornstarch in orange juice and stir in the sugar.
2. Place pan on a medium low heat and simmer, stirring, until the mixture thickens and is glossy.
3. Take pan off the heat and stir in the champagne and orange liqueur.
Add oranges and pecans.
Arrange the ham slices in a chafing dish or in a pan.
4. Coat the ham with the sauce over ham,
5. Heat over low, basting the ham several times while warming.
6. Serve the ham and sauce warm with an apple and raisin coleslaw on the side.