Apple Stuffed Ham Slices
|Polish ham slices||2 (Krakus/Atlanta/ Polka, 1/2 inch thick)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Croutons||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Finely diced apples||1 Cup (16 tbs), unpared|
|Poultry seasoning||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Prepared mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||2 Teaspoon|
1. Grease a shallow baking dish.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F
3. Slash edges of ham slices at 2 inch intervals.
4. In a skillet, melt the butter over medium high heat.
5. Add and sautÃ© the onion and green pepper until limp.
6. Take pan off the heat and let the remaining ingredients except the ham and mustard.
7. Toss well.
8. Place one slice of ham in baking dish
9. Spoon the stuffing on top.
10. Cover with the other slice and secure with toothpicks. Rub top with mixture of mustard and brown sugar.
11. Bake in hot oven for 30 minutes.
12. Slice ham and serve it warm or cold.