Baked Ham Gourmet
|Smoked ham||12 Pound|
|Southern comfort||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. Remove top from can of ham.
3. Place in heated oven and allow the gelatin to soften.
4. Remove from oven and invert the can on a rack in a baking pan.
5. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F
6. Turn out the ham, punching holes in bottom of can, if necessary. Discard the drippings.
7. Slash the surface with shallow diagonal cuts, in a diamond pattern.
8. Stud with cloves, between diamonds
9. Make a mixture of brown sugar and mustard and rub all over the ham.
10. Pour ¼ cup Southern Comfort over the ham.
11. Return the ham to the oven and cook for 30 to 40 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 140 degree F for internal temperature of ham.
12. Blend mustard mixture with remaining Southern Comfort and brush the ham with it frequently while cooking.
13. Let the ham rest before transferring it from the pan onto a serving platter. Serve warm or cold.
14. Slice ham and serve it warm or cold, with the sauce.