Gammon Ham Steaks En Croute
|Flour||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
|Soft brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Mustard powder||1 Pinch|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Tabasco sauce||3 Drop|
|Pineapple rings||4 (fresh or canned)|
|Gouda cheese slices||4 (thin)|
|Puff pastry dough||1 (basic, made with 225 gram /1/2 pound flour)|
|Milk||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Egg||1 , beaten (for glaze)|
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F or Gas Mark 6.
2. To prepare the steaks coat them in the flour mixed with the sugar, mustard and pepper, then sprinkle each one with a few drops of Tabasco sauce.
3. On each steak, place a pineapple ring then top each with a slice of cheese.
4. On a floured surface, roll out the dough divide into 4 equal portions and roll each into a square large enough to enclose a steak.
5. On the squares of dough, place the steaks moisten the edges with a little milk and fold over to cover the steaks completely and press down the edges firmly to seal.
6. Use any trimmings to decorate the tops of the parcels.
7. If you wish to freeze the dish, do so at this stage. Open (flash) freeze until firm, then wrap in foil. Seal, label and return to freezer.
8. To serve remove wrappings and place the steaks on a baking sheet.
9. Brush with beaten egg and bake from frozen in a moderately hot oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until heated through.
10. Cover with foil if the pastry becomes too brown.