Ham En Croute
|Ground smoked ham||2 Pound|
|Minced onions||2 Tablespoon|
|Crushed pineapple||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Frozen patty shells||10 Ounce (1 package, Pepperidge Farm)|
|Egg||1 , well beaten|
1. Thaw the patty shells
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground smoked ham, onions, egg and drained crushed pineapple. Sprinkle with ground cloves.
4. Tipping the bowl, mix thoroughly but gently with a fork.
5. Divide into 6 equal portions and shape each into a 1-inch thick patty.
6. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each of the thawed patty shells, large enough to cover the patties.
7. Arrange the pastry covered ham patties on a baking sheet.
8. Give the patties an egg wash.
9. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the pastry shells are golden crisp.
10. Serve the Ham En Croutes warm with mustard.