Mandarine Baked Ham
|Canned boneless ham||8 Pound|
|Canned mandarin oranges||11 Ounce (1 can)|
|Mandarin orange liqueur||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Napoleon)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. Drain oranges reserving the liquid. Keep both aside.
3. Remove top from can of ham.
4. Place ham in heated oven and allow the gelatin to soften.
5. Remove from oven and invert the can on a rack in a baking pan.
6. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F
7. Turn out the ham, punching holes in bottom of can, if necessary. Discard the drippings.
8. Trim off the fat.
9. Make a mixture of ¼ cup orange syrup, liqueur, brown sugar, lemon, juice, mustard and Worcestershire sauce and rub all over the ham.
10. Return the ham to the oven and cook for 1 to 1 1/2 hours more or until meat thermometer reads 170 degree F for internal temperature of ham.
11. Brush the ham with remaining sauce frequently, after every 15 minutes while ham is baking.
12. Let the ham rest before transferring it from the pan onto a serving platter.
13. Heat the remaining sauce stirring in the orange segments.
14. Slice ham and serve it warm or cold with the sauce on the side.