Scotch Glazed Ham Steak
|Fully cooked ham steak||1 (1 inch thick)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Prepared mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Whisky||3 Tablespoon (Johnnie Walker, Red label)|
1. With a sharp knife, slash the fat of the ham steak, in a diamond pattern. Do not score the meat itself, just the fat and any skin.
2. Combine the brown sugar, mustard, and ginger, adding a spoon or two of the alcohol to make a paste.
3. In a chafing dish or under the broiler, warm the ham steak for 5 minutes or until browned.
4. Turn and broil the other side for another 4 to 5 minutes.
5. Cover the ham steak with the mustard-sugar paste.
6. Warm the remaining Scotch in a ladle, ignite carefully and pour the flaming alcohol over the ham.
7. Allow the flames to die down then transfer to a serving plate.
8. Serve the ham with flambÃ©ed apples if you like.