Orange Honey Baked Ham
|Ham||10 Pound (1 no.)|
|Whole cloves||1 Teaspoon (as required)|
|Frozen orange concentrate||6 Ounce, thawed (1 can)|
|Water||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon, grated|
|Corn starch||3 Tablespoon|
|Oranges||2 , sectioned|
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F
2. With a sharp tipped knife, score the ham into a diamond pattern.
3. Press the cloves into the meat, studding it all over. Place in on a rack in the roasting pan.
4. Following the package directions, roast the ham on the middle level of the preheated oven, allowing about 15 minutes per pound.
5. In the meanwhile, prepare the sauce by combining the remaining ingredients except the cornstarch and oranges, in a small pan.
6. Place on a medium low heat and simmer gently, until it comes to a boil, stirring frequently.
7. Blend the cornstarch with a little water to make a paste and stir it into the sauce.
8. Cook the sauce, stirring all the while, until it is thick and clear.
9. Remove the cinnamon stick and brush the ham with the sauce, every 15 minutes during the last hour of baking.
10. Allow the ham to cool, then serve warm or cool before serving.
11. Reheat the sauce before serving.
12. Stir in the orange segments.
13. Slice the glazed Orange Honey Baked Ham and serve it with the orange honey sauce.