Ziti Ham And Mushroom Casserole
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , coarsely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Sliced mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Crushed tomatoes||28 Ounce|
|Reduced sodium reduced fat baked ham||8 Ounce, chopped|
|Frozen peas||4 Ounce, thawed|
|Part skim ricotta cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese||2 Ounce|
1. In a pot, boil water and blanch ziti, drain, rinse and set aside.
2. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil, add onion, garlic and sautÃ© until soft, add mushrooms, tomatoes and simmer until sauce thickens.
3. Add ham, peas, ricotta cheese, pepper and simmer for a couple more minutes.
4. In a 13x9x2-inch baking dish, place ziti pasta, add half of the sauce and mix. The remaing half of the sauce, pour over the pasta and sprinkle mozzarella over the top.
5. in a preheated oven, bake the casserole at 225 degrees centigrade for about 20 minutes, until cheese is melted ad bubbling.
6. Serve hot.