Up Side-Down Ham Loaf—Family Favorite
|Dark brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned pineapple||13 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soft bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Smoked ham||1 1⁄2 Pound|
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In an 8-by-8-by-2-inch pan slowly melt butter, over low heat.
3. Stir in sugar until smooth and remove from heat.
4. Drain pineapple well, reserving liquid.
5. Spread pineapple evenly over sugar mixture in pan.
6. Arrange cherries in a pretty design on pineapple and set aside.
7. Combine pineapple liquid with enough milk to measure 1 cup.
8. In large bowl, beat egg slightly with fork.
9. Stir in milk mixture, bread crumbs, mustard, salt, and pepper.
10. Mix well adding ham and pork until combined, using hands if necessary.
11. Spoon meat mixture evenly over pineapple in pan and bake for about 1 hour.
12. Drain off excess liquid.
13. Invert loaf on platter, so pineapple is on top and serve.