Ham Pate En Croute
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Pound, softened (1 Stick)|
|Ground ham||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
|Onion||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Heavy cream||3 Tablespoon|
|Strong mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Chives||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|French bread loaf||1 (About 8 Inches Long And 3 Inches Wide)|
1) In a large bowl of electric mixer cream butter at high speed until fluffy.
2) Add ham and beat a little at a time.
3) Mix remaining ingredients and beat to combine well.
4) Refrigerate until the mixture is firm.
6) Remove the ends off bread. Remove inside of bread, leaving a crust about 1/4 inch thick.
7) Arrange the bread in standing position on one end and with a spoon, gently push ham mixture into hollow, filling completely.
8) Wrap with a foil and refrigerate for several hours.
9) Cut into slices about 1/4 inch thick and serve.
Calories 163 Calories from Fat 83
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.4%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 36.7 mg12.2%
Sodium 106.7 mg4.4%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.98 g3.9%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 9 g18.3%
Vitamin A 9.8% Vitamin C 8%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet