Easy Glazed Baked Ham
|Canned ham||3 Pound (1 Ham)|
|Whole clove||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cinnamon powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cider vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Prepared mustard||1 Tablespoon|
1. Drain off water from canned ham and place in a 9-€x9-€x2-€ pan.
2. Using a sharp knife, make sharp slits lengthwise and breadth wise to resembles tiny diamond patterns.
3. In each cut pattern, place a clove and press so it stays firm.
4. Preheat an oven to 175C (350F).
5. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon powder, vinegar and mustard and mix well.
6. Smear this mixture evenly over ham so that it is uniformly coated.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and brush ham with drippings and juices which would have oozed out while baking onto the pan.
9. Again place in the oven and bake for 20 more minutes.
10. Place baked ham on a carving board and thinly slice.
11. Serve with roast vegetables and mash potatoes.
Calories 358 Calories from Fat 181
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.4%
Saturated Fat 6 g30%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 120 mg40%
Sodium 1889.7 mg78.7%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.4 g1.6%
Sugars 13.7 g
Protein 27 g54.5%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.97%
Calcium 1.6% Iron 1.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet