Glazed Ham And Spinach Roulade
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Prepared brown mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Soft white bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ground ham||1 1⁄2 Pound, cooked to make 5 cups|
|Raw ground pork||1⁄2 Pound|
|Raw ground veal||1⁄2 Pound|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|For spinach filling|
|Frozen chopped spinach||20 Ounce, thawed and drained (2 Packages Of 10 Ounce Each)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Apple||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 350F.
2) In a large bowl mix milk, egg, catsup, mustard, salt and pepper thoroughly.
3) Add crumbs and let stand for 5 minutes.
4) Combine meats, 2 tablespoons onion and parsley well.
5) To prepare Spinach Filling, in a medium skillet heat butter. Add onion and stir for about 5 minutes.
6) Mix spinach, cheese and sour cream well. Remove from heat.
7) Put two sheets of waxed paper on damp surface and roll out ham mixture between them. Form a rectangle 14 by 10 inches.
8) Take off the top sheet of waxed paper.
9) Spread spinach filling evenly over meat, roll up from the narrow edge as for jelly roll.
10) In shallow roasting pan lined with foil put roulade, seam side down.
11) Bake for 1 hour.
12) In a saucepan melt apple jelly.
13) Take off from oven and baste surface with apple jelly.
14) Let stand 10 minutes.
15) Refrigerate until ready to serve.
16) Serve in a platter at room temperature.