A Patio Supper
|Baking potatoes||3 Large (Unpared)|
|Salad oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Crushed pineapple in pineapple juice||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Confectioners sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Semi-sweet chocolate pieces||2 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Coleslaw dressing||6 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Watercress||3⁄4 Bunch (75 gm) (Small Bunch)|
|Italian bread loaf||1|
|Green pepper||1 Large|
|Barbecue sauce||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Sliced boiled ham||1⁄2 Pound|
1) In a small skillet, heat 1-inch of oil.
2) Wash, dry and slice the potatoes. When the oil reads a temperature of 385F, fry the potatoes in quarters till they turn golden. Drain and set aside.
3) Drain the juice of the canned pineapple into a cup. Add in the gelatine and let it soften.
4) In a pan, add 1-inch of water and bring to boil. Take the pan off the flame. Place the cup with gelatine in it inside the boiling water. Stir till the gelatine dissolves in.
5) Place the chocolate wafers inside a plastic bag. Move a rolling pin over the bag to break the wafers into crumbs. Mix in 1 teaspoon oil. Pat the crumbs into the bottom of an 8-inch pie plate or dish.
6) With an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and confectioner's sugar together. Slowly add in the gelatine mixture. Add in 2 tablespoons of semisweet chocolate in a cup and place the cup over boiling water.
7) Add in 1/2 cup of heavy cream into the cream-cheese mixture. Beat till it becomes light and fluffy. Add in the crushed pineapple gently and fold it in.
8) Slowly add in the mixture onto the crumbs. Pour the melted chocolate over the cheese mixture. Freeze for 30 minutes.
9) Slice the cabbage into quarters. Take the core out and slice each quarter almost to the very end, leaving the slices together.
10) Transfer the cabbage slices onto a serving plate. Drizzle coleslaw dressing on top.
11) Clean the tomatoes and slice them into 6 pieces each. Place alongside the cabbage on the plate. Garnish the platter with watercress.
12) Split the Italian Loaf into halves. Serve on a different platter.
13) Slice the onions. Remove the seeds from the bell pepper and slice them too. In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Saute the onions and pepper till they brown lightly. Add in the barbecue sandwich sauce.
14) Turn down the flame. Cook covered for 5 minutes.
15) Add in the sliced ham. Let the sauce boil once before spooning it over the Italian Bread.
16) Serve the Italian Bread with barbecue sauce on a platter.
17) Serve the cabbage, tomatoes and watercress salad with dressing.
18) For dessert, serve the chocolate and pineapple souffle.