Brown Sugar and Honey Crusted Ham
|Smoked ham half||8 Pound, skin and excess fat removed|
|Honey||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground cloves||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
2. Place the ham with the fat side facing up on a rack. Place the rack in a shallow roasting pan with 1/2 inch of water.
3. Bake uncovered for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
4. Combine the brown sugar, nutmeg, ground cloves, and cinnamon to make a spice mixture.
5. Remove the ham and brush with the honey.
6. Pat on the spice mixture over the entire ham.
7. Place the ham back on the rack in the roasting pan and return to the oven.
8. Bake uncovered until the ham reaches an internal temperature of 140 degrees. This should take an additional hour.
For more information please visit: http://www.simplefoodie.com
Calories 635 Calories from Fat 125
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.4%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.4%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 250.4 mg83.5%
Sodium 213.1 mg8.9%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.7 g2.8%
Sugars 44.9 g
Protein 80 g160%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 1%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 14.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet