Baked Ham with Wine And Onion Glaze
|Onion soup mix/Onion mushroom soup mix||1 Ounce (Lipton, 1 Envelope)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Madeira wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Finely chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Ham butt end||6 Pound, fully cooked|
|Shallots/Small onions||1 Pound, peeled and quartered|
1)Preheat the oven to 375°.
2) To prepare the onion glaze, in a bowl combine soup mix, water, sugar, wine, butter and parsley.
3)In a roasting pan, place the ham and score it lightly using a knife creating diamond patterns.
4) Pour the onion glaze over the hamevenly and arrange shallots around it.
5) Place the ham in the oven and bake for 60minutes or until golden brown.
6) Baste it occassionally , while stirring the onions.
7) Serve Baked Ham with Wine And Onion Glaze hot as a main dish for holidays.