Baked Ham with Wine And Onion Glaze
|Onion soup mix/Onion mushroom soup mix||1 Ounce (Lipton, 1 Envelope)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Madeira wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Finely chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Ham butt end||6 Pound, fully cooked|
|Shallots/Small onions||1 Pound, peeled and quartered|
1)Preheat the oven to 375°.
2) To prepare the onion glaze, in a bowl combine soup mix, water, sugar, wine, butter and parsley.
3)In a roasting pan, place the ham and score it lightly using a knife creating diamond patterns.
4) Pour the onion glaze over the hamevenly and arrange shallots around it.
5) Place the ham in the oven and bake for 60minutes or until golden brown.
6) Baste it occassionally , while stirring the onions.
7) Serve Baked Ham with Wine And Onion Glaze hot as a main dish for holidays.
Calories 731 Calories from Fat 188
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.3%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g37.8%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 323.8 mg107.9%
Sodium 654.1 mg27.3%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.39 g1.6%
Sugars 11.5 g
Protein 102 g204.2%
Vitamin A 24.7% Vitamin C 15.9%
Calcium 12.2% Iron 22.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet