Ham And Vegetable Bake
|Frozen spinach||1⁄2 Pound|
|Light cream||3 Tablespoon|
|Celery head||1 Small|
|Cooked ham||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Grated cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Place spinach in a strainer to thaw.
2) Peel celeriac and potatoes and cut into small chunks.
3) Preheat over to 400°.
4) Wash and trim celery.
5) Blanch in boiling water for 5 minutes.
4) Put prepared vegetable chunks into saucepan of cold salted water and bring to a boil.
5) Cook for 20 minutes till tender.
6) Drain well and mash or puree with 1/4 cup of the butter, the cream and enough milk to give a creamy puree.
7) Season to taste.
8) Drain the celery well and cut into pieces.
9) Grease ovenproof dish with remaining butter.
10) Spread the well-drained spinach over, arrange the chopped celery on top and cover with ham slices.
11) Sprinkle over half the cheese and cover with the celeriac and potato puree.
12) Bake for 15 minutes.
13) In a bowl, lightly beat the eggs with salt and pepper.
14) Pour over the puree, top with remaining cheese and return to oven.
15) Bake for another 15 minutes till golden.
16) Serve the hot baked dish immediately with crusty bread.