Peas And Ham
|Fresh shelled peas||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Water||4 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter)|
|Plain flour||2 Teaspoon|
|Cooked ham||4 Ounce, cut into strips (100 Gram)|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
1. Wash the peas and drain.
2. Place the butter or margarine, water, sugar and seasoning into a pan, bring to the boil.
3. Add the peas, cover pan and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until just tender.
4. Blend the flour with a little cold water, add some of the hot liquid.
5. Stir into the peas, bring to the boil, stirring and simmer for 2 minutes.
6. Add the ham, stir in the cream, heat through gently but do not boil.