Pineapple-Glazed Baked Ham Loaf
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Soft white bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ground cooked ham||1 1⁄2 Pound (6 cups)|
|Ground pork||1⁄2 Pound|
|Ground veal||1⁄2 Pound|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|For the glaze:|
|Canned sliced pineapple||8 1⁄2 Ounce (1 can)|
|Light brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), firmly packed|
|Cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In large bowl, beat combining milk, egg, catsup, mustard, salt and pepper until well blended.
3. Stir in bread crumbs and let it stand several minutes.
4. Mix well adding ham, pork, veal, onion and parsley.
5. In shallow baking pan, shape meat mixture into loaf about 11 inches long and 5 inches wide and bake uncovered, 30 minutes.
To make Glaze:
6. Drain juice from pineapple into small saucepan.
7. Add sugar, vinegar and ginger and bring to boiling, stirring.
8. Cut pineapple slices in half and add with cherries to boiling mixture.
9. Reduce heat, simmer for 5 minutes and remove from heat.
10. Remove ham loaf from oven and pour half of glaze, without fruit, over top.
11. Bake for about 30 minutes.
12. Arrange some of fruit on ham loaf and cover with remaining glaze.
13. Bake for 20 minutes longer.
14. With wide spatulas, remove ham loaf to warm platter and spoon glaze from pan over top.
15. Serve with remaining fruit and, if desired, catsup.