Ham And Potatoes Au Gratin
|Onion||1 Small, chopped to make 1/4 cup|
|Milk||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, pared and diced to make 3 cups|
|Gruyere cheese wedge||4 , shredded (From A 6-Oz Package)|
|Ham slices||6 , cooked (About 1/4-Inch Thick)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) In a saucepan, saute onion in the butter, until tender.
3) Stir in the flour and cook until bubbly.
4) Stir in the milk, stir continuously and cook over a medium heat, until the sauce is thickened.
5) Season with the salt and pepper.
6) In a buttered, deep 6-cup baking dish, place a layer of the diced potatoes and cheese.
7) Pour over the sauce, mix lightly and cover the dish.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for1 hour, or until the potatoes are tender.
9) Uncover, place a layer of the ham slices, then cover and bake for another 15 minutes.
10) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.