Fruit-Glazed Baked Ham
|Bone in ham||12 Pound (Fully Cooked)|
|Light brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), firmly packed|
|Light corn syrup||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Prepared brown mustard||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Canned sliced peaches||20 1⁄2 Ounce (Drained)|
|Canned pear halves||26 Ounce|
|Lime||1 Small, thinly sliced|
1. Preheat oven to 325F.
2. In roasting pan place ham, fat side up, on rack.
3. Insert meat thermometer in thickest part of ham, away from bone.
4. Bake, uncovered, 2-1/2 hours.
5. In a bowl combine brown sugar, syrup and mustard.
6. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved and mixture comes to boil.
7. In medium bowl, combine fruit with mustard mixture.
8. Let stand at room temperature basting the fruit several times for about 2 hours.
9. Remove any skin from ham and then score fat into 1-inch diamonds.
10. Brush about 1/4 cup syrup from fruit over ham and bake for about 15 minutes.
11. Arrange 3 each pineapple slices, pears, kumquats, cherries on ham and secure with wooden picks.
12. Brush ham with about 1/4 cup more syrup; bake 15 minutes until nicely glazed and meat thermometer registers 130F.
13. Place a slice of lime, curled up, in center of each pineapple slice.
14. Pass remaining mustard fruit and serve.