Ham And Apple Scallop
|Diced ham||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Tart apples||4 Medium, pared, cored and sliced|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground mace||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Apple juice/Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pancake mix||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon|
1. In an 8-cup baking dish make a layer of half of the ham and apples.
2. In a cup combine brown sugar, mace and pepper and sprinkle half over layer.
3. Repeat with the remaining ham, apples and sugar mixture, pour apple juice or water over cover.
4. In a moderate oven bake at 350° for 40 minutes such that apples are tender.
5. In a medium-size bowl blend pancake mix, milk and melted butter or margarine to make a thin batter and pour over hot ham-apple mixture.
6. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes more or such that the topping is puffed and golden.
7. Serve hot with the desired garnish.