Baked Chicory And Ham
|Chicory heads||4 Medium|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Ounce|
|Thin cooked ham slices||4|
1) Trim off the outside leaves from the chicory.
2) Use a saucepan, to put chicory heads. Add cold water to just cover.
3) Place on heat to bring a boil. Drain water by keeping the chicory into the saucepan. Again add cold water to just cover.
4) Season with a pinch salt, cover with a lid and simmer gently for about 30 minutes or until tender.
5) Meanwhile, use a saucepan to gently heat the milk. Combine with lightly beaten eggs, by whisking properly. Strain into the milk saucepan.
6) Place the saucepan on gentle heat until just thick enough to coat the back of a spoon - do not allow the mixture to boil.
7) Remove from heat and add half the cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
8) Drain the cooked chicory and with a ham wrap the head.
9) Use a buttered fireproof dish to place the chicory.
10) Pour the cheese custard over the chicory; sprinkle with remaining cheese and grill until brown.
11) Serve chicory and ham by sprinkling with additional cheese.