Baked Ham in Crust with Cumberland Sauce
|Piecrust mix||11 Ounce|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Sage leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ice water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bone in ham||12 Pound (Cooked)|
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
To Make Pastry:
2. In medium bowl, combine pie- crust mix, mustard, and sage; mix well.
3. Blend in ice water as the label directs and shape into a ball.
4. On lightly floured surface, roll out pastry to about 1/8-inch thickness.
5. Trim to make a 22-by- 17-1/2-inch rectangle and save trimmings.
6. Remove rind from ham and place it near one end of rectangle, covering about one third of the pastry, and mold short end of pastry to ham.
7. Bring long end of pastry over ham and mold around top and sides of ham, pressing firmly.
8. With cold water moisten edges and press together firmly, to seal.
9. Roll out trimmings cutting out extra with leaf cookie cutter.
10. In a bowl beat egg yolk with 1 teaspoon cold water and brush some of egg over pastry.
11. Arrange leaf cutouts decoratively on top and brush with egg.
12. Take a cookie sheet or jelly-roll pan and place ham over it.
13. Bake 1-1/2 hours until pastry is a deep golden brown.
14. If pastry breaks, tuck a piece of foil under ham, to keep it level.
15. For buffet serving, cut a lengthwise slice from thin underside and then stand ham on cut side.
16. Serve with Cumberland Sauce.
Calories 1752 Calories from Fat 755
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 84 g129.2%
Saturated Fat 26.9 g134.6%
Trans Fat 0.6 g
Cholesterol 620.6 mg206.9%
Sodium 6982.6 mg290.9%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.8%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 210 g419.8%
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 0.19%
Calcium 11.3% Iron 87.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet