Tongue Or Ham And Potato Scallop
|Chopped green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||4 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh peas||1 Pound, shelled to make 1 cup|
|Cooked tongue slice/Ham slices||8|
|White corn syrup||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a large saucepan cook potatoes in boiling salted water for 45 minutes such that tender and drain. Let it cool until easy to handle, peel, slice and place in a large bowl with green onions.
2. In a small saucepan melt butter or margarine, stir in flour, salt and pepper and cook with constant stirring such that bubbly.
3. Stir in milk, continue cooking and stirring such that the sauce thickens and boils for 1 minute; Remove from heat and stir in mayonnaise or salad dressing, 3 teaspoons of the mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
4. Keep the remaining 1 teaspoon mustard aside.
5. Over potatoes and onions pour hot sauce and toss lightly such that the potatoes are coated.
6. Onto a large ovenproof platter or into an 8-cup baking dish spoon the mixture.
7. In a small saucepan cook peas in boiling salted water for 5 minutes and drain.
8. Overlap tongue or ham slices in a ring on top of potatoes; spoon peas into center.
9. In a cup mix corn syrup and remaining mustard and brush over tongue or ham.
10. In moderate oven bake at 350° for 15 minutes such that the potatoes are hot and tongue or ham is lightly glazed.
11. To serve optionally garnish with strips of pimiento.