Dixie Ham Dinner
|Canned ham||2 Pound|
|Canned vacuum packed sweet potatoes||2 Pound (2 Cans, 1 Pound Each)|
|Butter/Margarine||5 Tablespoon, melted|
|Canned pie sliced apples||20 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fine gingersnap crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. To prepare the ham, using a knife scrape the gelatine layer and place aside for the soup.
2. Cut the ham into ½ inch thick slices.
3. In a 8 cup baking dish, place half the ham on the edges and the remaining in the bottom.
4. In a large bowl, mash sweet potato, add 2 tablespoon of butter, salt, pepper and mix well.
5. Scoop the mashed potatoes and arrange over the ham in baking dish.
6. Place the apple slices over the sweet potato and sprinkle sugar on top.
7. In a small bowl, mix butter or margarine with crushed gingersnap biscuits. Sprinkle over the apples.Cover with a baking lit.
8. In a moderate oven at 350 Degrees Fahrenheit, bake for 30 minutes. Remove the lid and bake for 15 minute until a light brown coating is formed
9. Serve hot for dinner or lunch with a lemonade.The fruit juice will compliment the sweetness of the dish