Ham Balls and Macaroni Shells In Skillet
|Cooked smoked ham||1 Pound|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , slightly beaten|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1 Medium, diced|
|Canned pineapple chunks||20 Ounce, undrained (1 Can, 2 1/2 Cups)|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shell macaroni||8 Ounce (3 Cups)|
|Chopped canned pimientos||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Using meat grinder grind ham.
2) In a bowl, mix thoroughly ham, bread crumbs, eggs, pepper, and parsley.
3) Divide the mixture to shape into 1 1/2-inch balls.
4) Let chill for 30 minutes.
5) In a 10-inch skillet melt butter.
6) Place ham balls and brown over low heat.
7) Take out the ham balls and keep aside the drippings.
8) Stir in green pepper to drippings and cook for 5 minutes.
9) Take out the pineapple and reserve syrup.
10) Pour pineapple liquid, water, vinegar, and salt and pepper to green pepper. Heat to boiling point.
11) Gently add macaroni and let the mixture boil.
12) Uncover and cook over low heat and stir in between.
13) Stir in balls, pimientos, and pineapple chunks. Heat on medium high stirring occasionally.
14) Serve hot.