Chicory With Cheese And Ham
|Chicory heads||4 , trimmed|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Cheese||2 Ounce, grated|
|Grated nutmeg||1 Tablespoon|
|Cooked ham slices||4|
|Grated cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Add chicory with a little lemon juice to salted boiling water. Gently cook for 25 minutes and drain well.
2) Set chicory aside and reserve 1/2 pt of cooking liquid.
3) Take a skillet and melt butte in it. Add flour , stir well and cook for about a minute or two.
4) Remove from heat and pour in milk and reserved cooking liquid. Place the skillet on heat and cook the sauce smooth and thickened.
5) Stir in cheese and add salt, pepper and nutmeg as per taste.
6) Take four foil containers and wrap each chicory head in a slice of ham. Pour the sauce over each serving.